Wednesday, August 11, 2010

Being Kind

Due to Marissa's new attitude in life, noncompliancy (if that is a word), I decided that each night before she goes to bed we would do a little devotional about being kind to others and kind to herself. I am not sure that she really gets it, but it makes me feel better to know that at least I am giving her some type of a lesson. She must be getting it confused though, like last night, I had to put her in time out and she hollers, "Am I being kind?" it becomes quiet and then I hear her say "Yes, I am". I didn't say anything, I just kept my back to her and smiled. What I wanted to say was, "your being kind because your in time out".

I have learned some lessons about being kind, since Marissa came into my life. I have learned to have more tolerance for a child who screams in public or has a "tantrum" it just might be that the child has autism. I am more compassionate to a caregiver who is with a child in a wheel chair. I have and understanding that those around me just might be struggling and just a smile is all I need to do to be, well, kind.

No comments:

Post a Comment