Tuesday, March 9, 2010

A Very Long Time...

Okay, so it has been a very long time since I have written. The holidays, work and lets not forget the winter/spring sickness that avails us each year. As Marissa is getting to turn 5, she has "coughed" for the first time. However, her developmental delay, leaves her more frustrated then ever! She has been out of school and driving pretty much everyone crazy. But, she is bouncing back and has begun to eat.

We have learned more about her this past year then we have in the years past. Her birthday reminds us to be thankful that we have had another year with her and that she continues to defeat the odds. The government is trying to take away her services and no doubt that this year will be us more challenges in trying to get her everyday needs met.

I have also decided that this year we are going to have a real party- to celebrate this great milestone. She loves Romp-n-Roll, a local children's gym, and so we are inviting all 10 autistic boys in her class as well as a few other friends. She is excited about having it there. She loves Rompy! I have decided that I did not like 50 people crammed into my house. So it is a win-win situation.

I will also try to be more diligent in writing my blog. Remember I said "try".....

No comments:

Post a Comment