Friday, March 19, 2010

Turning 5!

Last Thursday, Marissa turned 5. Tomorrow is her big party day. This week, I have noticed that she has started to do more age appropriate things, but yet it is also a reminder that she is not able to do what other 5 year old do. Her birthday is always a celebration. We mark this day by thanking God that He has chosen to give us another year with her. Her life expectancy, like any of us, is a concern. But, they didn't think she'd make it 1 an here we are 4 years later, celebrating.

As I write this, she has curled up next to me on the couch, watching "Dora". In this moment, my heart wells up with all the love I have for her. While she can be quite testy and defiant (or independent- however you want to look at it), most of the time. She can also be funny, loving and gentle.

Happy Birthday, Marissa! Mommy loves you- more then the sun and the moon and the stars in the sky!

No comments:

Post a Comment