Sunday, October 25, 2009

Repeative by Nature ?????

So today was one of those days where Marissa repeated everything. The same question, over, over, over, over, and over again. At times, it grates on my nerves, and today was that day. She's in bed now, so that day is over.

I did discover yesterday the joy of having a special needs child. We drove an hour away to see Dora at a furniture store. When we got there, the line was wrapped all around the store with a two hour wait. We were not waiting. She saw the store and said "Dora!", I made a split second decision and told her that "Dora had to leave there was a problem with Boots", she never cried, no yelling or screaming. We went to the mall instead. When we got back home, she happily told her daddy "I saw Dora!". She watched the DVD of Dora all the way there and all the way home, in her world she did see Dora. Am I a bad mom for this?

I should clarify, the joy wasn't lying to my daughter, but she didn't know if she was there or not. I think deep down she loved shopping more then standing in line for hours for someone she might of been scared of- just like Santa Clause.

No comments:

Post a Comment