Friday, July 1, 2011

I am learning.....at a snails pace.

I am learning and unfortunately had a snails pace, that I am not going to be able to conquer or even overcome all of the obstacles that Marissa has to face.

I am learning that her hitting, while sometimes she has control, most of the time she does not.

I am learning that not all that she does is personally towards me, it just so happens I am the one standing there when she feels the urge to hit. I am learning that she has such a sweet side and a great personality, although, she hides it deep inside.

I am learning that alot of people put emphasis on things that just are not that important. I understand now that each hug, each kiss, and each "I love you", is not to be taken for granted. I have learned to cherish these wonderful things she does, especially when she does them spontaneously.

I am learning that each day I have with her maybe my last. I am understanding that this is the way for anyone, but even more true for my beautiful Marissa. I pray each day, this rare chromosome disorder does not end up taking her life.

I am learning that Marissa is stronger then I am. She is braver then anyone I know. I am amazed by her resilience and her fight.

I am learning that Marissa is my hero.

No comments:

Post a Comment