Sunday, December 30, 2012

The End of Fantasy Football

Okay, so you maybe wondering what does my blog have to do with fantasy football.  Well, its simple, its the end of the season.  Christmas is over, now fantasy football and in two days it will be 2013.  Things are changing, and there is a time in every season and now those seasons have ended.  

As I look back at 2012, I know that God has his grace on Marissa and on our family.  While we faced a lot of adversity, we are stronger now then when we were when 2012 started.  I was able to reconnect with friends that I have not spoken to or seen in over 20 and some 30 years.  Those friendships and relationships have helped to sustain me though some of the rough times.  I am so grateful to have them back in my life.  

I know that 2013, is going to bring the same type of adversity and challenges as 2012.  I am prepared for the fight and I know that this time next year, I will be a little stronger because of it.   We still have the appeal for Marissa's waiver ahead of us.  I can only imagine how big of a fight this is going to be.  Marissa has some upcoming UVA appointments that I know are only going to bring additional heartache and struggles for her.  I just thank God every day that her season has not ended.  I know that in a lot of ways we are living on borrowed time.

As I end this blog, I am going to share a story with you about Marissa.  I have shared it once before but I think that it is more pertinent then ever to share.  Every time we go to the beach, Marissa collects sea shells.  Not the whole pretty ones, she disregards those, but rather she picks up the ones that every one else neglects to pick up the broken shells.  In the most broken things, she finds beauty.  Marissa maybe broken but she exemplifies unselfishness, honesty and beauty.  She's a true hero.  I hope that each of you can find beauty in things that are broken in your life.  In each disappointment and in each joy, a lesson is learned.  One of my dear friends gave me a book for Christmas titled, "My Beautiful Broken Shell" by Carol Adams.  One of the things that touched me most was this paragraph in the book, 
"Please slow me down....that I may always see the extraordinary in the ordinary.  That I may always wonder at the shell in the sand... the dawn of a new day.. the beauty of a flower... the blessing of a friend... the love of a child.  In my brokenness, may I never take life so seriously that I forget to laugh along the way.  May I always take the time to watch a kite dance in the sky... to sing...to pick daisies.. to love... to take risks... to believe in my dreams".  

I have plenty of broken shells.  Marissa will never let me leave me at the beach.  (Trust me I've tried).  So if you'd like one of her shells, just let me know.  I know she would be glad to share one with you.  

So as a new season begins, I can't even imagine what is in store for us in 2013.  I can only pray that God will continue to shed His grace and blessings on us as well as each of you who read my blog.   Make sure that you take time each day to enjoy this short life we are given.  

Happy New Year!



No comments:

Post a Comment