Thursday, November 12, 2009

Defiant

Yesterday, Marissa had her first bad day at school. The teacher wrote in her book "defiant, needed redirection on numerous occasions". Although, when I dropped her off that morning I told the teacher that she was being "uncooperative". How did she go from being uncooperative to defiant?

So, what do I do? A typical "normal" child who had this in their book would get into trouble have some sort of consequence. A special needs child doesn't understand any form of punishment. She can not consistently be defiant and need redirection, can she? As a parent, shouldn't I do something. Hmm. I'll think about it.

Today, she had no problems. No redirection needed. No defiance. So, I'll just wait and see about doing something the next time.

No comments:

Post a Comment